Can I request a repeat prescription?
In some circumstances we may be able to provide you with a repeat prescription without the need to see your doctor.
- How often you need to be reviewed by your doctor will depend on the nature of your medical condition and your individual circumstances.
- Repeat prescriptions are only available for stable medical conditions which have had medication previously prescribed in a consultation with one of our doctors.
- If you have not seen the doctor for over a year you will be required to make a consultation for review of your medical condition(s).
How do I request a repeat prescription?
Phone the medical practice on 337-0220, and state that you need a repeat prescription. The receptionist will put you through to one of our nurses to discuss your requirements.
Be prepared to read out the list of medications that you require, including (for each medication):
- Name of medication
- Strength (e.g. how many milligrams or micrograms)
- Dose (how many or how much you take each time)
- Frequency (how often you take each medication)
- The nurse will tell you if you are required, this time, to come in and see the doctor.
- If it is unclear whether a repeat prescription is appropriate, the nurse may discuss with the doctor and phone you back.
- You can request to either:
- pick up your prescription(s) from the surgery, or
- have them faxed to a pharmacy of your choice, to be picked up from there. (We will subsequently post the originals to the pharmacy on your behalf.)
- Be aware that it can take up to 2 business days for a repeat prescription to be issued, so plan ahead and make sure you request repeats of your medications in plenty of time, to avoid running out.
Charges for repeat prescriptions
|Collected from the surgery||$20|
|Faxed to a pharmacy||$25|